Bacalao RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (175 g) Bacalao or daing
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Cooking Oil
- 6 cloves (36 g) Garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 g) Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (120 g) Overripe Tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup (80 g) Potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (200 g) Garbanzos
- 1/2 tsp. (2 g) Sweet Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. (1 g) Black Pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp. (1 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- SOAK. Pre-soak bacalao or daing in cold water. Before proceeding, taste the fish to check saltiness.
- BOIL. In a pot, heat water until big bubbles form. Boil fish until fully cooked. Drain and let cool. Flake into fine threads. Set aside.
- SAUTE. In a pan, heat oil. Saute garlic and onion then tomatoes and cook until tomato skin curl. Add bacalao or daing, potatoes, and garbanzos. Mix well until cooked.
- SEASON. Add paprika, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy.
Soaking the bacalao or daing helps reduce the saltiness of the dish.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Bacalao is rich in protein and contains moderate amounts of Phosphorus, Vitamins B12 and B6 that are needed for building and repairing muscle tissues, maintaining healthy red blood cells and supports strong immunity.