Chicken PastelAJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
- 6 cups (1500ml) Water
- 1 Kilo (1000g) Chicken breast, cut into serving portions
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (22.50g) Butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup (60g) Mushroom, halved
- 1/2 cup (75g) Onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. (5g) Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Chicken broth (from boiled chicken)
- 1 cup (250ml) All-Purpose cream
- 1.4 tsp. (1.25g) Ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Fish sauce
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (95g) Potato, sliced
- 1/2 cup (54g) Carrot, diced
- BOIL. In a pot, add water and chicken. Let it boil until chicken is tender. Set aside both chicken meat and broth.
- SEAR. In a pan with hot oil, add butter and sear chicken until surface is slightly brown. Set aside. Add mushroom and sear for 1 minute. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In the same pan, sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add chicken and mushroom.
- BOIL. Mix cornstarch with 1 1/2 cups of broth before adding to the pan. Add all-purpose cream and let it boil for 2 minutes, covered.
- SEASON. Add pepper, fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- SIMMER. Add potatoes and carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes, covered.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter and serve while hot.
To prevent the drying up of the chicken meat, cover the pan when boiling or simmering.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 10 Serving size: 1 cup (120g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken breast is the leanest chicken meat choice if trying to reduce Fat intake.