Chicken Pochero RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 Tbsps. (53 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup (100 g) Onions, sliced
- 1/2 kilo (500 g) Chicken Breast, cut into 6 portions
- 2 Tbsps. (20 g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (100 g) Tomato, sliced
- 3 Tbsps. (50 g) Tomato Paste
- 1/4 tsp. (0.8 g) Black Pepper, ground
- 3 1/2 Tbsps. (50 g) Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30 g) White Sugar
- 1 pack (10 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) Water
- 1 1/2 cups (200 g) Kamote, cubes
- 2 cups (160 g) Baguio Beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Canned Chickpeas, drained, peeled
- 4 bundles (150 g) Pechay Tagalog, leaves
- 1/2 head (100 g) Cabbage, wedges
- 1 1/4 cups (200 g) Saba Banana, cut diagonally into halves
- SAUTÉ. In a pot, heat oil. Sauté onions. Add chicken and sear. Sauté in garlic and tomatoes until tomatoes are soft. Stir in tomato paste.
- SEASON. Add ground black pepper, fish sauce, white sugar and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Mix well.
- BOIL & SIMMER. In the same pot, add water and let boil. Add kamote and simmer for 20 minutes or until cooked. Add Baguio beans and chick peas. Cover and continue simmering for 2 minutes. Stir in pechay, cabbage and saba banana. Turn off flame and cover to steam the vegetables.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy while warm.
Instead of boiling the bananas together with the rest of the vegetables, you may try frying them separately and top it on the cooked Pochero.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Try this less fat version of Chicken Pochero that is also a good source of fiber and carbohydrates needed to sustain a healthy body.