Korean Beef StewSARSAYA® OYSTER SAUCE
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Cooking oil
- 4 cups (1000g) Beef, cubed
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 1/4 cup (55g) Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps (35g) Ginger, minced
- 4 Tbsps (60ml) Gochujang (red chili paste)
- 2 packs (60ml) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (110g) White sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup (100g) Potatoes, diced
- SEAR. In a pot, heat oil. Sear beef on all sides until browned.
- BOIL. In the same pot, add water, garlic, ginger, gochujang, SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar. Bring to a boil. Cover the pot with its lid.
- SIMMER. Turn the heat low and simmer for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- REST. Turn off the heat. Allow the meat to rest in the covered pot for at least 10 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving plate or container. Serve and enjoy.
For a shorter cooking time, you can opt to use a pressure cooker to achieve a tender meat.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Lean Beef is a good source of Protein, Zinc, Iron and Vitamin B12 which are all important for a healthy body.