Chicken Pocket Pie Meal for KidsAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 tsp. (10ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (25g) Onion, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (50g) Chicken, ground
- 1/2 cup (50g) Carrot, small diced
- 1/2 cup (50g) Eggplant, small diced
- 1/4 cup (50g) Mushroom, canned, small diced
- 1/2 cup (30g) Bread crust (sides of Tasty bread), small diced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Tomato sauce
- 1/8 tsp. (0.3g) Black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5g) Sugar, brown
- 1/4 tsp. (1.3g) Salt, iodized
- 10 pcs. (160g) Tasty bread, sides removed, flattened
- 10 pcs. (50g) Cheese, sticks
- 2 pcs. (100g) Egg, beaten
- 1 cup (100g) Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- SAUTÉ. Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add ground chicken, carrot, eggplant, and mushroom and sauté until cooked. Add bread crust.
- SEASON. Add tomato sauce, pepper, AJI-NO-MOTO®, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Turn off the fire and set aside.
- WRAP. Lay out the flattened bread and put on one side 1 Tbsp (20g) sautéed mixture and 1 piece of cheese stick. Wrap and fold the bread and flatten the sides using a fork to seal the pocket pie.
- FRY. Dip the pocket pie on beaten egg and roll on the breadcrumbs. Fry the pocket pie on hot oil until it turns golden brown. Drain excess oil.
- SERVE. To prepare Chicken Pocket Pie meal for kids, assemble 2 pcs Chicken Pocket Pie to a plate. Serve with 1 slice mango and 1 glass of milk.
When wrapping the pocket pie, pat some water or beaten egg on each side of the bread to make it stick well and secure each side.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Bread is rich in Vitamin B that helps in having healthy skin and nerve cells.