Chicken Salad with Pineapple and Balsamic VinegarAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken, filleted, cubed
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1 cup (240g) Pineapple, chunked
- 2 cups (150g) Broccoli, florets, steamed
- 2 1/2 cups (100g) Spinach, leaves separated, steamed
- 1/2 cup (120g) Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Olive oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Pineapple juice
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 tsps. (10g) Sugar
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- 1/2 tsp. (1.3g) Pepper
- SAUTÉ. In a pan with hot oil, sauté chicken and cook until tender. Set aside.
- MIX & CHILL. In a bowl, mix together pineapple, broccoli, spinach and onions. Chill for at least 10 minutes.
- COMBINE. In another bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pineapple juice. Mix well.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Place in a sauce dispense and shake well.
- ASSEMBLE. Transfer chicken to a salad bowl, and combine with mixed vegetables. Pour the dressing evenly over the salad. Toss to coat evenly.
- SERVE. Transfer to a salad plate, serve and enjoy.
To maximize the shelf life of chicken salad for safety and quality, refrigerate the chicken salad in airtight containers. Properly stored, chicken salad will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 32% Original seasoning/condiment: 2 tsps. (approx. 11g). Chicken contains the amino acid Tryptophan, which has been linked to higher levels of serotonin , the “feel good” hormone in our brains.