Crispy Fish with Ginger, Soy Sauce, and Oyster SauceSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 3 cups (600g) Cream dory fillet, cubed
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (22.5ml) Calamansi juice
- 1/8 tsp. (0.6g) Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) All-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsps. (45g) Rice flour
- 1/3 cup (90g) Water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Cooking oil
- 2 tsps. (7g) Ginger, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Brown sugar
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Soy sauce
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. (5g) Cornstarch
- 5 Tbsps. (75ml) Water
- 1 tsp. (3g) Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. (5g) Spring onion, chopped
- MARINATE. In a bowl, marinate fish in calamansi juice and salt. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- MIX & FRY. In a separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour, rice flour, and water. Mix well then add the fish pieces.
- FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Fry fish until golden brown and crispy. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SIMMER. In a saucepan, combine, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, cornstarch, and water. Mix well then let it simmer until sauce has slightly thickened.
- MIX & SERVE. Add the fried fish to the sauce. Mix until fish is well coated with the sauce. Transfer to a plate then optional to garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion. Serve!
Adding rice flour to the batter mixture helps make the texture of the fish crispy. You may also use cornstarch as a substitute.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Cream Dory is a good source of Protein that promotes muscle growth and development.