Paksiw na GalunggongAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 kilo (1000g) Galunggong, cleaned and gutted
- 1/3 cup (80g) Ginger, sliced
- 1/2 cup (50g) Red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Siling labuyo, whole
- 1/4 cup (30g) Garlic, minced
- 2 tsps. (5g) Peppercorn, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) Vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Water
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Salt
- SIMMER. In a pan, place galunggong in the center. Arrange ginger, onion, siling labuyo, garlic and peppercorns around the fish. Add vinegar and water. Turn on the heat. Cover then bring to a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, and salt. Mix gently and simmer for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.
You may use fresh bilimbi (kamias) instead of vinegar and then add another cup of water.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 1/2 cup (156g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Galunggong is a high Protein and Low Fat fish that helps build muscle mass.