Crispy Sweet and Sour ShrimpAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 0.4 kilo (400g) Shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. (1.3g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 pack (200g) SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (50g) Green bell pepper, cubed
- Spring onion (optional)
- SEASON. In a bowl, combine shrimp, salt, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Mix well and set it aside for 5 minutes.
- COAT & FRY. Coat shrimp with cornstarch. In a pan, heat oil. Fry shrimp until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. Remove most of the oil in the same pan and leave just 2 Tbsps. of oil. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
- SIMMER. Pour SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce, water, and bell pepper. Simmer for a minute. Add the fried shrimp and mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate with spring onion (optional). Serve.
Make sure there is no excess water on the shrimp before seasoning and coating with cornstarch to ensure flavors are well-absorbed and shrimp will be crispy after frying.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Shrimp is a good source of Iodine that supports thyroid health.