Chicken & Shrimp Paella BlancaAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Oil
- 1 cup (100g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (50g) Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50g) Green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (125g) Carrots, cubes
- 1/2 cup (125g) Sayote, cubes
- 2 cups (400g) Raw rice, long grain
- 2 Tbsps (30ml) White wine
- 3/4 cup (125ml) Coconut cream
- 1 cup (250ml) Coconut milk
- 1 cup (200g) Chicken breast, thin slices
- 1 1/2 packs (12g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (150g) Shrimp, cleaned
- 1/2 cup (60g) Green peas
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add red and green bell pepper, carrots, sayote, and rice. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until rice is slightly toasted.
- SIMMER. Add white wine then let it simmer until no more liquid. Add coconut cream, coconut milk, and chicken breast. Mix well.
- SEASON & SIMMER. Add AJI-GINISA® then mix well. Cover and let it simmer on low heat for 15 minutes or until rice is almost cooked. Add shrimp and green peas. Cover then cook for 3-5 minutes.
- SERVE. For a complete meal, transfer 1 1/2 cups rice, 1/4 cup chicken, and 2 pcs shrimp to a plate. Serve with 1 slice of mango.
To test whether the paella is cooked, use a spoon to taste a little rice from the edge of the pan – this rice will be cooked last as it’s the furthest away from the heat in the centre.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Shrimp contains Astaxanthin, a type of antioxidant which helps reduce inflammation of the heart.