Decorative Focaccia BreadAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. (1.2g) Thyme, dried
- 1 tsp. (1.2g) Rosemary, dried
- 1/4 tsp. (0.5g) Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. (5g) White sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) Warm water
- 1 tsp. (6g) Active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups (315g) All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) Zucchini, cut into half-moon
- 4-6 pcs. (20g) Asparagus, trimmed
- 1/8 cup (25g) Carrot, cut into thin strips and half-moon
- 2 Tbsps. (15g) Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Rock salt
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- HEAT. To prepare the aromatic oil, combine olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and sugar in a cold pan. Turn the heat on low and let it cook until aromatic but before the garlic browns. Set aside to cool.
- MIX & KNEAD. To prepare the dough, combine water and yeast in a small bowl then let it sit for 2-3 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast mixture, 1/4 cup of flour, and the aromatic oil. Mix until combined then rest for 5 minutes. Add the remaining flour then knead for 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Let it rest in a bowl covered in cling wrap or lid for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- ARRANGE. In a 9x13in baking pan, transfer the dough then flatten into the pan. Use your fingers to add dimples to the dough. Let it rest for 20 minutes then design the focaccia using shaped vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus, carrots, and bell peppers. Sprinkle evenly with salt and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- BAKE & SERVE. In a preheated oven at 200°C (400°F), bake the focaccia for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool then serve.
Brush the dough with beaten egg before baking to obtain a shiny golden brown crust.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
"Reduced sodium by 40% Original sodium content: 1 1/2 tsps. (7.5g) Salt. Olive oil is a good source of Vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps reduce the risk for chronic diseases.