Deep-fried Deviled Eggs with Coconut MilkAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
Deep-fried egg white:
- 5 pcs. (250g) Egg, hard-boiled, cut into half
- 1/3 cup (50g) Flour
- 2 pcs. (100g) Egg, beaten
- 1/4 pack (2.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (50g) Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (50g) Sweet potato, boiled, mashed
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. (1g) Salt, iodized
- 1 tsp. (5g) White sugar
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Spring onion, chopped
- COAT. Slice hard-boiled eggs into half then separate the yolks from the egg whites. Coat the egg whites with flour, then dip in beaten egg mixed with AJI-NO-MOTO®, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep-fry the coated egg whites until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- MIX. In a bowl, mash the boiled egg yolks then add coconut milk, sweet potato, AJI-NO-MOTO®, salt, sugar, and pepper. Mix well until it forms a smooth paste.
- FILL. Using a piping bag or a spoon, add each deep-fried egg whites with the egg yolk mixture. Top with red bell peppers.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate then garnish with spring onion. Serve.
If using large eggs, cook the eggs in boiling water for 11-13 minutes for hard-boiled doneness. Make sure to cool immediately in an ice bath or cold water to stop the cooking.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 2 pcs. (100g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Vitamin B12 in eggs promotes healthy red blood cells. Most of it comes from the yolk than the whites. Reduced sodium by 35% Original sodium content: 1 1/2 tsp. (7g) Salt