Egg Drop Soup RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 cups (500 ml) Water or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (35.5 g) Carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 g) Corn (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 g) Ginger, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30 g) Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15 g) Cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Water
- 2 pcs. (108 g) Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pack (5 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 g) Salt, rock
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 g) Ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (7.5 g) Spring onions, chopped
- BOIL & SIMMER. In a pot, boil water, add carrots, corn, ginger, and onion. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- THICKEN. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water and mix well. Add this to the soup until it thickens. Add eggs slowly while stirring to form silky egg strands.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Let it simmer for one (1) minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl, top with spring onions and serve while hot.
You may also use tapioca starch or potato starch instead of cornstarch to ensure a nice thick soup.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 30% Original seasoning/condiment: 2 1/2 tsps. (approx. 13 g) Salt. Egg drop soup calories and Carbohydrates are low, which makes the dish good for people watching their weight.