Egg Salad on Toasted Bread RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3 pieces (180 grams) Chicken eggs, boiled, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (75 ml) Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) Pickle relish
- 2 Tablespoons (30 grams) Onions, chopped
- 1/2 pack (5.5 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.0 grams) Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.3) Pepper, black, ground
- 1/2 head (200 grams) Iceberg, lettuce, leaves separated, well-cleaned
- 1/4 cup (15 grams) Spring onions, chopped
- 3 slices (75 grams) Bread, cut into 6 triangles
- MIX. In a bowl, mix together the eggs, mayonnaise, pickle relish and onions.
- SEASON & CHILL. Add AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Blend well and chill for at least one(1) hour.
- ASSEMBLE. Scoop egg salad mixture and place on top of lettuce leaves.
- SERVE. Top with spring onions and serve with toasted slices of bread.
Adding a teaspoon of vinegar to the water may help keep egg whites from running out if an egg does crack while cooking.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 34% Original sodium content: 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 g) Salt. Eating eggs leads to elevated levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), also known as the “good” cholesterol. People who have higher HDL levels have a lower risk of heart disease, stroke and other health issues.