Eggplant in Oyster SauceSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 3 Tbsps. (45g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Sesame Oil
- 2 tsps. (10g) Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (5g) Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Water, cold
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Cooking Oil
- 1 cup (125g) Ground pork
- 3 Tbsps. (45g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, chopped
- Approx. 3/4 kilo (650g) Eggplant, serving size
- 1/4 cup (60g) Red Bell Peppers (optional), strips
- 1/8 tsp. (0.3g) Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60g) Spring onions (for garnishing), chopped
- SIMMER. To prepare the sauce, in a bowl, combine SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, sesame oil, and sugar, simmer for one minute. Add cornstarch diluted in water. Simmer for another minute and set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil and sauté ground pork until the color turns light brown. Add onion and garlic and cook for another minute. Add eggplant and sauté for two minutes. Add bell peppers and sprinkle black ground pepper. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- COMBINE. Add sauce and mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter, top with spring onions. Serve and enjoy.
Instead of pouring oil into the pan, brush it on the eggplant flesh before frying to prevent too much oil absorption. This approach works best when cooking eggplant halves or slices.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 10 Serving size: 1/3 cup (93g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Eggplants are high in anthocyanins, a pigment with antioxidant properties that can protect against cellular damage.