Fish Fillet in Sweet and Sour SauceCRISPY FRY® Fish Breading Mix, SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Water
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (22.5g) Cornstarch
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Lapu-lapu fillet, cubed
- 1/4 pack (12.5g) CRISPY FRY® Fish Breading Mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (80g) Red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (25g) Green bell pepper, strips
- 1/4 cup (25g) Red bell pepper, strips
- 1 cup (200g) Carrots, strips
- 1 cup (200g) Baby corn, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) Broccoli, young stalks and florets
- 1/8 tsp. (0.6g) Iodized salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 1 pouch (200ml) SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- MIX. In a bowl, mix water and cornstarch to create a slurry. Set aside.
- COAT. Pat dry the fish fillet and coat with CRISPY FRY® Fish.
- PAN-FRY. In a pan, heat oil and pan-fry the coated fish fillets until golden brown. Drain excess oil by placing them in a strainer or on a plate with paper napkin. Set aside.
- STIR-FRY. After frying, lessen the oil in the pan and leave just 2 tablespoons of oil. Sauté onion, garlic, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, carrots, baby corn and broccoli. Cook until vegetables are half-cooked.
- SEASON. Add salt, pepper and SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce. Add the slurry. Continue cooking until sauce becomes thick. Add the breaded fried fish and blend well. Serve while hot with 1 cup rice and 1 pc banana.
Once slurry is added, make sure to simmer the sauce before serving.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 3 Serving size: -1 cup Fish Fillet in Sweet and Sour Sauce (225g) -1 cup rice (160g) -1 pc banana (80g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Ascorbic Acid (mg)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Lapu-lapu is a good source of Selenium that promotes healthy immune system.