Ginataang TilapiaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic crushed
- 2Tbsps. (15g) Ginger, cut into strips
- 2 cups (500ml) Coconut milk
- 1 Kilo (1000g) Tilapia, well-cleaned
- 2 pcs. (20g) Green pepper, long whole
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 1/8 tsp.(0.75g) Ground black pepper
- 5 cups (100g) Spinach, fresh, leaves separated
- SAUTE. Heat the cooking oil in a pot. Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger.
- BOIL. Once the onion becomes soft, pour the coconut milk into the pot. Let it boil and cover.
- SIMMER. Add the tilapia. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Add long green chili peppers.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, fish sauce and ground black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the spinach. Cover and cook for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl and serve while hot.
Let your fish thaw in the fridge or placed in cold water with the packaging seal on. Directly exposing flesh will suck up water and may result in a soggy flesh.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 37% Original seasoning/condiment: 2 tsps. (10g) Salt. Tilapia is a rich source of potassium. It is an electrolyte that helps your body maintain a healthy balance of fluids.