Grilled Chicken Sandwich with PestoAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken breast, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
- 4 tsps. (20g) Sugar, white
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Basil leaves, fresh
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, crushed
- 4 tsps. (20g) Toasted nuts
- 1/3 cup (30g) Cheese, filled, shredded
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Olive oil
- 10 slices (200g) Wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup (50g) Romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1/2 cup (50g) Tomato, sliced
- MARINATE. In a bowl, combine chicken breast, AJI-NO-MOTO®, soy sauce, and sugar. Mix and marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- PANFRY. In a pan, heat oil. Panfry chicken until lightly browned on both sides. Set aside.
- BLEND. In a food processor, combine basil leaves, garlic, peanuts, cheese, and olive oil. Blend until combined.
- ASSEMBLE & SERVE. Spread pesto paste on to wheat bread then add romaine lettuce, tomato, and chicken. Serve and enjoy!
In preparing pesto paste, toast the nuts first before combining with the other ingredients. Toasting enhances the nutty flavor and aroma.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
For adults, consume around 90g of cooked lean chicken breast to obtain at least 80% protein adequacy in one meal.