Ham MusubiSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 slice (34g) Ham, canned, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. (3ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (3g) Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (3g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5ml) Cooking oil
- 1/3 cup (53g) Steamed rice
- pinch (0.25g) Salt, iodized
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5g) Sesame oil
- 1/4 sheet (0.6g) Nori sheet, cut into rectangles
- pinch (0.6g) Sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- pinch (0.5g) Spring onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- SLICE & MARINATE. To prepare marinated spiced ham, cut the spiced ham into 10 equal slices. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce. Mix then pour this mixture to the spiced ham. Toss to marinate then let it sit for 15 minutes.
- FRY. In a pan with heated oil, pan-fry the ham for a minute on each side. Brush the spiced ham with the marinade mixture.
- MIX. In a bowl, combine steamed rice, salt, and sesame oil.
- ASSEMBLE. Arrange the ham musubi by molding 1/3 cup of the rice into rectangles, similar to the ham's shape. Wrap the ham with nori sheet.
- SERVE. Transfer ham musubi on a plate then garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion (optional).
If you don't have a musubi molder, you can use the tin can of the ham for easier molding of rice.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Nori has Iodine which is essential in producing thyroid hormones needed in regulating normal metabolism.