Ham MusubiSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 slice (34g) Ham, canned, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. (3ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (3g) Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (3g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5ml) Cooking oil
- 1/3 cup (53g) Steamed rice
- pinch (0.25g) Salt, iodized
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5g) Sesame oil
- 1/4 sheet (0.6g) Nori sheet, cut into rectangles
- pinch (0.6g) Sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- pinch (0.5g) Spring onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- SLICE & MARINATE. To prepare marinated spiced ham, cut the spiced ham into 10 equal slices. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce. Mix then pour this mixture to the spiced ham. Toss to marinate then let it sit for 15 minutes.
- FRY. In a pan with heated oil, pan-fry the ham for a minute on each side. Brush the spiced ham with the marinade mixture.
- MIX. In a bowl, combine steamed rice, salt, and sesame oil.
- ASSEMBLE. Arrange the ham musubi by molding 1/3 cup of the rice into rectangles, similar to the ham's shape. Wrap the ham with nori sheet.
- SERVE. Transfer ham musubi on a plate then garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion (optional).
If you don't have a musubi molder, you can use the tin can of the ham for easier molding of rice.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes Servings: 1 Serving size: 1 piece (90g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Nori has Iodine which is essential in producing thyroid hormones needed in regulating normal metabolism.