Vegetarian Chow MeinAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Celery, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (50g) Dried shiitake mushroom, rehydrated, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (100g) Carrot, strips
- 1/2 cup (50g) Red bell pepper, strips
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 1 pack (200g) Dry egg noodles
- 2 cups (100g) Bokchoy, thinly sliced
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5g) Brown sugar
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. (1.2g) Ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Leeks, sliced (optional)
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, celery, and garlic until fragrant.
- STIR-FRY. Mix-in shiitake mushrooms, carrots, and bell pepper then stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- SIMMER. Add water then let it simmer. Add the egg noodles then let it cook until softened and most of the water has dried out. Add bok choy then mix for a minute.
- SEASON. Add AJI-GINISA®, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and pepper. Stir-fry until the noodles and seasoning are well combined.
- SERVE. Transfer the noodles onto a plate. Garnish with leeks (optional) then serve and enjoy while hot!
You can cook the noodles and vegetables separately to ensure that the vegetables will not be overcooked and keep their vibrant colors.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Adding a variety of colorful vegetables to chow mein or stir-fried noodle recipes adds a variety of antioxidants that help protect against sickness.