Ham-wrapped Tofu NuggetsAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Tofu, mashed
- 1/3 cup (80g) Green peas, frozen, thawed
- 1/4 cup (60g) Carrots, grated
- 4 Tbsps. (20g) Spring onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsps. (40g) Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) All-purpose flour
- 1 pc. (50g) Chicken egg
- 2 tsps. (10g) White sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (1.1g) Pepper, ground
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (120g) Ham, sliced into strips
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) Mayo-ketchup dressing (optional)
- MIX. 1. MIX. In a bowl, combine the mashed tofu, green peas, carrot, spring onion, onion, flour, egg, sugar, pepper, and AJI-GINISA®. Mix until well-incorporated.
- SHAPE & WRAP. Shape 2 Tbsps. of the mixture into nuggets then wrap each piece with ham. Secure with a toothpick as necessary. Set aside in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Fry nuggets until golden. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve mayo-ketchup (optional).
You can prepare these ahead of time, store in the freezer and cook as needed. Storing in freezer helps to established firm nuggets that will ensure intact shape during frying.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu is a good source of Protein which helps build muscle and Calcium which helps maintain bone mass.