Hiker’s Lunch (Pork Adobo Meal)SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Pork liempo, adobo cut
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Pork kasim, adobo cut
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup (83.3ml) Vinegar, white
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 2 cups (270g) Marble potatoes, halved
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 2 packs (60g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. (3g) Black peppercorn, whole
- 2 pcs. (1g) Bay leaf, dried
- 4 pcs. (200g) Eggs, boiled, halved
- 5 cups (250g) Romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) Turnip, sticks
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) Cucumber, sliced, rounds
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (75g) Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (120g) Tomato, quartered
- 1/2 pack (9g) AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 8 cups (1280g) Cooked rice
- MARINADE. In a bowl, marinate pork liempo and kasim in soy sauce, garlic and vinegar for 1 hour. Drain pork and garlic. Save the marinade for later use. Set aside.
- SEAR & SIMMER. In a pan, heat oil. Add pork liempo, pork kasim and potatoes. Cook until golden brown. Pour in the marinade mixture, water, and SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce. Add peppercorns and dried bayleaf. Add eggs and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- TOSS. In a bowl, toss lettuce, turnip, cucumber, carrots, red onion and tomatoes. Season with AJI-SHIO® Garlic.
- ASSEMBLE & SERVE. In a plate (or lunch containers), assemble adobo, turnip-cucumber salad, and rice. Serve and enjoy.
To avoid bitter taste , let your vinegar boil well and avoid stirring while boiling it.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Turnips and Cucumber are good regulator of body functions. It supplies our body with necessary vitamins and minerals such as iron. They are also packed with water perfect for hydration after a long day hike.