Japanese-style Egg SandwichAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 6 pcs. (300g) Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Fresh milk
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Sesame oil
- 3/4 pack (7.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 8 tsps. (40g) Butter, unsalted
- 6 pcs. (120g) Sliced bread, cut into 2 rectangles
- 1/4 cup (20g) Spring onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Mayonnaise
- 6 pcs. (30g) Quickmelt cheese, sliced
- 6 pcs. (3g) Nori sheets, small
- 1/4 tsp. (0.75g) Sesame seeds, toasted
- MIX. In a bowl, combine egg, milk, soy sauce, sesame oil, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well using a fork.
- FRY. In a pan, melt butter on low heat. Pour the egg mixture in batches. While the eggs are still wet, place 2 pieces of sliced bread in the center, flipping each side to coat with the egg mixture. Sprinkle the egg with spring onions.
- FLIP & ASSEMBLE. Once egg has set, flip the entire egg sheet. Then fold the edges of the egg sheet towards the bread. Add mayo, sliced cheese, nori, and sesame seeds. Fold the egg sandwich then continue cooking until cheese has melted and the bread has browned from both sides.
- SERVE. Tranfer to a plate. Serve and enjoy!
You may use two spatulas to help flip the egg more easily.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Eggs contain antioxidants such as Vitamins A and E that help reduce risk for chronic diseases. Reduced sodium by 30% Original sodium content: 1 tsp. (6g) Salt