Pork Tonkatsu with Cabbage RecipeSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Ketchup
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Sugar, brown
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Vinegar, cane
- 1/2 pack (15g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. (5g) Ginger, minced
- 1 cup (250ml) Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. (3ml) Sesame oil
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Vinegar, cane
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Pork chop
- 1 pack (50g) CRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- 10 cups (500g) Cabbage, shredded
- SIMMER. To cook tonkatsu sauce, combine Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, and ginger in a saucepan. Mix well and let it simmer to dissolve the sugar. Set aside.
- MIX. To prepare sesame dressing, combine mayonnaise, sesame oil soy sauce, and vinegar in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- COAT & FRY. To cook tonkatsu, coat pork chop with CRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs. In a pan, heat oil to 350°F. Fry pork chop until golden brown and cooked through (approx. 5-7mins.). Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Transfer tonkatsu to a plate. Serve with cabbage and sauces on the side. Enjoy while hot.
Be sure that the oil is hot enough before putting the pork chop into the oil. This would avoid excessive oil absorption by the pork chop.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork is a good source of Vitamin B12 that helps in the functioning of brain cells and formation of red blood cells.