Simple Chicken PorridgeThe Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1/4 cup (60g) Uncooked rice (Dinorado)
- 1/2 cup (120g) Malagkit rice
- 1 1/2 Liters (1500ml) Water
- 3/4 kilo (8 pcs.) (750g) Chicken drumstick
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (5g) Kasubha
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Spring onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Toasted garlic, chopped
- BOIL. In a stock pot, combine uncooked rice, malagkit rice, water, chicken, onions and ginger. Cover pot and boil for 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir well.
- SEASON. Add The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add kasubha, spring onions and toasted garlic.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy while hot.
Toasting the rice until it browns gives an incredible rich and nutty flavor. And when you add the liquid in, it comes to a boil more quickly because the rice is already hot.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
To make your chicken arrozcaldo healthier and colourful, top it with blanched vegetables like malunggay leaves, grated squash and carrots.