Kamameshi RecipePORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (26 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup (50 g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10 g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 g) Beef round, strips
- 1/3 cup (125 g) Carrot, thin strips
- 1/2 cup (80 g) Baguio Beans, trimmed, cut diagonally into medium strips
- 1 cup (180 g) Kamote, thin strips
- 2 cups (350 g) Short grain rice, washed
- 1 2/3 cups (410 ml) Water
- 1/2 tsp. (3 g) Salt, coarse
- 2 Tbsps. (30 g) White Sugar
- 4 tsps. (20 ml) Soy Sauce
- 1 pack (8 g) PORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Rice Wine (optional)
- 1 cup (120 g) Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup (50 g) Frozen Green Peas
- 1/4 cup (55 g) Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 pcs. (100 g) Eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Sesame Oil
- SAUTÉ. In the rice cooker, heat oil. Sauté onions, garlic and beef until beef turns brown. Add carrots, baguio beans and kamote. Add rice and sauté for a minute. Add water. Mix well.
- SEASON . Add salt, sugar, soy sauce, PORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix, and rice wine (optional). Add shiitake mushrooms and green peas on top.
- BOIL & STEAM. Cover rice cooker and steam until cooked. (Rice cooker will automatically go to WARM once rice is cooked). When rice is almost done, sprinkle grated cheese on top then pour in egg. Cover and cook until rice is done.
- SERVE. Drizzle sesame oil on top. Serve and enjoy while warm.
Although this recipe calls for cooking the dish in a rice cooker, it does not mean you can’t prepare it using a saucepan. Choose a pan that is nonstick, deep, with straight sides and a tight cover to ensure even cooking.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea: 1 serving Kamameshi, 1 pc. sliced banana with 2 Tbsps. toasted oats. Kamameshi rice is a one bowl complete dish of Go, Grow and Glow foods that is need for maintaing optimum health.