Korean Braised BeefSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 5 cups (1250ml) Water
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Vinegar, cane
- 5 Tbsps. (75ml) Soy sauce
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 3 Tbsps. (45g) Sugar, brown
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1 kilo (1000g) Beef, short rib
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Ginger, strips
- 1 cup (150g) Radish, big dice
- 1 cup (150g) Carrot, big dice
- 1/2 cup (70g) Shiitake mushroom, canned, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Sesame oil
- MIX. On a mixing bowl, pour water and add in cane vinegar, soy sauce, SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, and sugar, mix until dissolved.
- SEAR. On a deep hot pan/casserole, add oil and sear the beef short ribs until brown.
- SAUTE. Add in garlic and ginger, saute well.
- BOIL & SIMMER. Mix in the sauce mixture and let it boil then turn down to simmer. When the sauce is already reduced by half, mix in carrot, radish, and shitake mushroom. Continue cooking until the beef is tender and sauce is thick. Lastly, finish with sesame oil and serve hot.
If the beef short ribs are still tough, you may add in more water and let it continue boiling.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is an excellent source of various vitamins and minerals such as B12, Zinc, Selenium, Iron, Niacin, and Vitamin B6.