Korean Seafood PancakeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (12 g) White Sugar
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. (10 g) Ginger
- 2 Tbsps. (20 g) Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Sesame Oil
- 2 cups (250 g) All-purpose Flour, sifted
- 2 Tbsps. (16 g) Cornstarch, sifted
- 3/4 tsp. (7.5 g) Salt, coarse
- 1 pack (10 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 cups (500 ml) Ice Water
- 2 pcs. (100 g) Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (60 g) Onion Leeks, cut into 3-inch strips
- 2 cups (100 g) Spring Onion, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 cup (170 g) Kamote, cut into thin strips, boiled
- 1/4 kilo (250 g) Squid, well-cleaned, sliced into thin rings
- 1/4 kilo (250 g) Shrimp, peeled, headless
- 1 cup (100 g) Shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cups (250 g) Mung Bean Sprouts (Togue)
- 9 Tbsps. (105 ml) Vegetable Oil
- MIX. To make the dipping sauce, combine soy sauce, white sugar, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Mix well then stir in sesame oil. Set aside.
- SIFT & WHISK. To make the batter mixture, sift in flour, cornstarch, salt, and AJI-NO-MOTO® in a bowl. Slowly whisk in ice water then add the eggs. Mix well. Set aside then chill.
- MIX. To prepare the filling, combine leeks, spring onion, boiled kamote, squid, shrimps, shallots and togue in a separate bowl. Pour in the cold batter and mix well. In small plates, divide the mixture into 9 equal portions with 1/3 cup of chilled batter per portion. Ensure that each portion has equal amounts of shrimps, squid rings and vegetables.
- PAN-FRY. In a non-stick pan, heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Pour in one pancake. Flatten with a spatula and spread the batter evenly on the pan. Cook on high heat on both sides until crispy and golden brown. Remove from the pan. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Do the same for the rest of the batter.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter or individual plates. Serve with a side of dipping sauce. Enjoy while hot.
To make perfectly cooked pancakes, use a non-stick skillet and cook the pancakes until crisp and golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately so it’s hot and crisp. You can serve the pancakes whole or cut into wedges. Don’t forget the dipping sauce!
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea: 1 pc. Korean Seafood Pancake, 1/2 cup boiled rice, 1/3 cup sweetened red bean with shaved ice and 1 Tbsp. milk Vegetables are rich in fiber and vitamins that helps in maintaining healthy body processes. Including them in your usual pancakes is a great way to encourage eating vegetables!