Twice Cooked Egg with Sauce & Steamed BokchoyAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 5 pcs. (250g) Egg, soft-boiled, peeled
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 cup (125g) Sugar, brown
- 1/4 cup (80g) Tamarind paste
- 1 tsp. (5g) Hot sauce
- 1 liter (1 liter) Water
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Bokchoy, sliced into half
- 5 cups (800g) Rice, cooked
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Chili flakes (optional as garnish)
- FRY. In a pan, heat oil then fry eggs until golden brown. Drain excess oil using a colander, set aside.
- MIX & SIMMER. In a saucepan, add water, AJI-NO-MOTO®, fish sauce, sugar, tamarind paste, and hot sauce, mix well. Let it simmer until sauce has thickened.
- BOIL. In a pot, add water and let it boil. Add bokchoy and cook until soft. Drain in a colander.
- ASSEMBLE & SERVE. In a plate put egg and drizzle with sauce all over, optional to sprinkle chili flakes on top. On the side add steamed bokchoy and rice. Serve and enjoy!
To make soft boiled egg, boil the eggs for 6 minutes then place it immediately in an ice bath.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 pc. egg, 3 Tbsps. sauce, 1/2 cup veg., 1 cup rice (294g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Egg has Choline which is essential for brain development.