Korean-Style Fried ChickenCRISPY FRY® Batter Mix
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken breast, cut into nugget size
- 1/2 pack (80g) CRISPY FRY® Batter Mix
- 2 cups (500ml) Oil
- 2 tsps. (10g) Butter
- 1 tsp. (2.5g) Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp. (3.75g) Ginger
- 1 tsp. (3.75g) Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Gochujang (Korean Chili Paste)
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5g) Ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsps. (3.75ml) Soy Sauce
- 2 tsps. (10g) Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (25g) Peanuts, crushed
- 1/2 Tbsp. (5g) Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup (20g) Spring Onions, chopped
- MIX. Prepare CRISPY FRY® Batter Mix by mixing the Batter Pack with 1/2 cup of water. Then transfer the Breading pack to a plate or bowl.
- COAT & FRY. Coat each chicken pieces in the batter mix then roll evenly one by one on the breading. In a pan, heat oil. Fry chicken until golden brown. Remove from the pan then drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SIMMER & COAT. In a wok, combine butter, dried chili flakes, ginger, garlic, Korean red chili paste, tomato ketchup, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Mix well then simmer until butter has melted and mixture is slightly thick. Add the chicken pieces to the pan then mix until chicken is well coated with the sauce.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl. Garnish with peanuts, sesame seeds, and spring onions. Serve!
Use one hand to dip the chicken into the batter and use your other hand to coat the chicken with breading.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Aside from lean protein, chicken breast also contains Vitamins B3 and B12 to help maintain healthy blood and nerves.