Laing PastaAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Pork shoulder, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Ginger, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80g) Shrimp paste (Bagoong)
- 1 cup (25g) Taro (Gabi) leaves, dried
- 2 cups (500ml) Coconut milk
- 1 cup (225ml) Coconut cream
- 1 tsp. (5g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp. (2.3g) Black pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Fish sauce
- 3/4 kilo (750g) Spaghetti, cooked
- 1/3 cup (30g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté pork slices until cooked. Add onion, ginger, and garlic until translucent. Then mix in shrimp paste.
- SIMMER. Add taro leaves and coconut milk. Let simmer uncovered while folding occasionally until leaves are softened and coconut milk has reduced.
- SEASON. Add in the coconut cream then season with AJI-GINISA®, pepper, and fish sauce. Fold gently then continue to simmer.
- TOSS.. Toss the pasta and cooked laing until well-incorporated.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy hot.
Upon adding the dried taro leaves, press in the leaves to the sauce and avoid stirring too often to prevent the itchy sensation when eating the dish.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
The gata or coconut milk/cream in laing contains Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), a type of fat that acts as a natural antiobiotic and helps modulate immunity.