Mapo TofuAJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix, AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Cooking oil
- 1 cup (200g) Ground pork
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Gochujang
- 1/2 pack (9g) AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5g) White sugar
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Vinegar
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (7g) Black pepper, crushed
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Water
- 1 3/4 cups (400g) Soft tofu, drained, cubed
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Spring onion, chopped
- SAUTÉ. In a hot pan with oil, sauté ground pork until browned.
- SEASON. Add gochujang, AJI-SHIO® Garlic, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, vinegar, AJI-NO-MOTO®, and black pepper. Bring to a simmer, add water if too dry.
- THICKEN. To make a slurry, mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Slowly pour it all over the pan. Mix well until thick and glossy.
- MIX. Add in tofu cubes. Stir gently then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with spring onions. Enjoy while hot.
Once soft tofu is added, careful not to break the tofu pieces to maintain their shape.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Aside from meat, tofu is also a good source of Calcium and Protein that are essential in maintaining bone and muscle strength.