Mapo TofuAJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix, AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Cooking oil
- 1 cup (200g) Ground pork
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Gochujang
- 1/2 pack (9g) AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5g) White sugar
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Vinegar
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (7g) Black pepper, crushed
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Water
- 1 3/4 cups (400g) Soft tofu, drained, cubed
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Spring onion, chopped
- SAUTÉ. In a hot pan with oil, sauté ground pork until browned.
- SEASON. Add gochujang, AJI-SHIO® Garlic, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, vinegar, AJI-NO-MOTO®, and black pepper. Bring to a simmer, add water if too dry.
- THICKEN. To make a slurry, mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Slowly pour it all over the pan. Mix well until thick and glossy.
- MIX. Add in tofu cubes. Stir gently then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with spring onions. Enjoy while hot.
Once soft tofu is added, careful not to break the tofu pieces to maintain their shape.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 6 Serving size: 1/2 cup (116.7g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Aside from meat, tofu is also a good source of Calcium and Protein that are essential in maintaining bone and muscle strength.