Meatilicious Veggie PizzaAJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) Water, warm
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) Sugar, white
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix (18g)
- 2 tablespoons (39 grams) Active Dry Yeast
- 3 1/2 cups (832 grams) All purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 grams) Salt, rock
- 4 1/2 tablespoons (65 ml) Cooking Oil
- 5 1/2 tablespoons (80 grams) Butter, unsalted
- 6 tablespoons (90 grams) All purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) Milk, full cream milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.50 grams) Pepper, powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) Cheese, quickmelt
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) Pesto Sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Tomato, small diced
- 1 cup (192 grams) Chicken, breast, fillet, thin strips
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) Mushroom, button, strips
- 1/2 cup (70 grams) Green Olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) Onion, white, small cubes
- 1/2 cup (30 grams) Broccoli, florets, chopped
- 1/2 cup (36 grams) Green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) Cheese, quickmelt, grated
- MIX. To prepare the dough, combine water, sugar, AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix, and active dry yeast in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- MIX. In a food processor, combine flour, salt, oil, and yeast mixture. Pulse in a food processor until dough becomes sticky. Transfer to a lightly floured surface then knead dough until smooth. Let the dough rest and rise for an hour in a warm place until it doubles in volume. Divide into three (3) equal parts. Set aside.
- WHISK & SIMMER. To prepare the pizza sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Whisk in flour and milk. Add pepper, garlic, and cheese and pesto sauce. Mix well and simmer until thicken. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. Roll the dough by flattening the dough into 12 inches wide crust using a rolling pin. Spread creamy pesto sauce on top then arrange tomato, chicken, mushroom, green olives, onion, broccoli, bell pepper and cheese on top of each pizza.
- BAKE. Preheat oven to 150˚C. Bake pizza for 20 mins or until crust is golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
You can use a ready- made pizza dough from the Supermarkets if preparation time is very limited.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Preferring a veggie pizza over a meaty counterpart yields lower calorie cholesterol intake. If you can’t go for a full veggie pizza, you can opt for a lean chicken breast for additional toppings providing added protein like this recipe. References: United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) – Food Composition Database, Philippine Food Composition Tables (Phil FCT) and Philippine Food Exchange List (Phil FEL)