Monggo GuisadoAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) Onions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 grams) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) Tinapa, flaked
- 1 cup (240 grams) Tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/4 cups (300 grams) Mung beans, soaked in 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Fish sauce
- 2 cups (500 ml) Water
- 1/2 pack (5.5 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.25 grams) Pepper, black, ground
- 1 bunch (50 grams) Malunggay leaves, well-cleaned
- SAUTÉ. In a pan heat oil, sauté onion and garlic until onions become soft. Add tinapa flakes and tomatoes continue cooking for another minute.
- SIMMER. Add mung beans, fish sauce and water. Cover and cook for 15-18 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, pepper and malunggay leaves, mix well and cook for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl, serve and enjoy.
To avoid undercooked mung beans, soak them in water for several minutes prior to cooking.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 33% Original sodium content: 1/4 cup (55 ml) Fish sauce. Mung beans contain soluble fiber and resistant starch, which can promote digestive health.