Oatmeal Chicken PorridgeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) Chicken breast fillet, cubed
- 4 Tbsps. (40g) Onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. (2g) Ginger, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cabbage, shredded
- 10 Tbsps. (60g) Oatmeal, quick-cook, raw
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 pc. (2.5ml) Calamansi, juice
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt, coarse
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (5g) Spring onion, chopped
- SAUTÉ. In a pot, heat oil. Sauté chicken until slightly brown. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and cabbage. Sauté until fragrant.
- SIMMER. Add oatmeal and water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
- SEASON. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, calamansi, pepper, salt, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to individual bowls then top with spring onion. Serve and enjoy while hot.
Depending on once preference regarding the consistency of the porridge, you may add or lessen the amount of water.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Oats are high in the Soluble Fiber Beta-Glucan which promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.