Pancit Bihon PalabokAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 2/3 cups (416.7ml) Water
- 2 tsps. (7g) Atsuete seeds
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. (5g) Garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (80g) Pork, ground
- 1/4 cup (20g) Tinapa, flaked
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Water
- 3 cups (600g) Pancit Bihon noodles, boiled
- 1/3 cup (50g) Tofu, cubed, fried
- 1/4 cup (30g) Chicharon, pork, pounded
- 1/3 cup (100g) Shrimp, frozen, boiled
- 2 pcs. (100g) Egg, hard boiled, sliced
- 1/3 cup (25g) Spring onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (5g) Garlic, minced, toasted
- BOIL. In a pot, boil water and atsuete seeds for 5 minutes. Strain and discard seeds, add AJI-NO-MOTO® and fish sauce then simmer for 3 minutes.
- SAUTÉ. On a separate pot, heat oil. Saute garlic, ground pork, and tinapa then add the atsuete mixture, let it boil for 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water then pour in the pot. Mix and simmer for 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. On a serving plate, assemble noodles, add the sauce mixture. Top with tofu, chicharon, shrimp, egg, spring onion, and toasted garlic.
- SERVE. Serve and enjoy.
Use annatto seeds with lye water for easier color extraction in water.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 3/4 cup noodles, 1/2 cup sauce, 1/4 cup toppings (239.4g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Shrimp has Iodine which is needed in preventing Thyroid problems such as Goiter.