Silken Tofu TinolaThe Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. (1g) Turmeric, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. (5g) Red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk (17g) Lemongrass, mush the edge
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 4 cups (1000ml) Chicken stock or water
- 2 cups (320g) Squash, chopped into cubes
- 2 cups (320g) Papaya, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (12g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 pc. (10g) Green chili, whole
- 1 cup (400g) Silken tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (40g) Malunggay leaves
- SAUTÉ. In a medium-hot pot, pour oil and sauté ginger, turmeric, onions and lemongrass for a few minutes.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce and stir in for a few more minutes.
- BOIL & SEASON. Pour broth, then add squash and papaya. Let it boil for 10 minutes until vegetables are soft but not soggy. Add The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix.
- SIMMER. Put in green chili and tofu. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Turn off the fire and place the malunggay leaves on the top of the cooked tinola.
- SERVE. In a bowl, put the Silken Tofu Tinola. Serve hot.
If you can’t find silken tofu, regular tofu will do. You may also add malunggay fruit for additional nutrients.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 3/4 cup (200g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu is a good source of Protein, Fiber, and Calcium without the cholesterol and saturated fat found in meat.