Silken Tofu TinolaThe Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. (1g) Turmeric, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. (5g) Red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk (17g) Lemongrass, mush the edge
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 4 cups (1000ml) Chicken stock or water
- 2 cups (320g) Squash, chopped into cubes
- 2 cups (320g) Papaya, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (12g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 pc. (10g) Green chili, whole
- 1 cup (400g) Silken tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (40g) Malunggay leaves
- SAUTÉ. In a medium-hot pot, pour oil and sauté ginger, turmeric, onions and lemongrass for a few minutes.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce and stir in for a few more minutes.
- BOIL & SEASON. Pour broth, then add squash and papaya. Let it boil for 10 minutes until vegetables are soft but not soggy. Add The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix.
- SIMMER. Put in green chili and tofu. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Turn off the fire and place the malunggay leaves on the top of the cooked tinola.
- SERVE. In a bowl, put the Silken Tofu Tinola. Serve hot.
If you can’t find silken tofu, regular tofu will do. You may also add malunggay fruit for additional nutrients.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu is a good source of Protein, Fiber, and Calcium without the cholesterol and saturated fat found in meat.