Pastil at Lawot LawotSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (12g) Garlic, minced
- 2 cups (400g) Chicken breast, boiled, flaked
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) White vinegar
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. (2.5g) Black pepper, ground
- 5 sheets (350g) Banana leaves
- 5 cups (800g) Cooked rice
- 5 cups (1250ml) Water
- 1 cup (200g) Okra, sliced
- 2 cups (160g) String beans, cut into 2" length
- 1 cup (130g) Squash, cubed
- 2 cups (160g) Eggplant, sliced
- 2 cups (70g) Saluyot leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic, and flaked chicken. Add soy sauce, vinegar and Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce. Add ground black pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes then set aside.
- WRAP. On a banana leaf, assemble rice and sauteed flaked chicken. Fold 4 sides to wrap and seal tightly. Set aside.
- BOIL & SEASON. To cook Lawot Lawot, boil water in a pot. Add okra, string beans, squash, eggplant and saluyot leaves then boil for 3-5 minutes. Add The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix.
- SERVE. Transfer Lawot Lawot to a bowl. Serve with Pastil and enjoy.
For a more sticky and firmer rice, you can mix 50% regular rice and 50% malagkit rice.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: Pastil: 1/2 cup chicken, 1 cup rice, Lawot Lawot: 1 cup vegetables, 1 cup soup
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Okra is a good source of Dietary Fiber that helps prevent constipation.