Pesang TilapiaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 Tbsps. (60ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (135g) Ginger, sliced
- 1/4 cup (40g) Garlic, minced
- 6 cups (3000ml) Water
- 3 cups (700g) Potato, quartered
- 1 1/2 kilo (1500g) Tilapia, cut into serving pieces
- 5 Tbsps. (75g) Fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (1g) Ground black pepper
- 2 packs (22g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup (250g) Baguio beans, cut into bite size
- 3 cups (700g) Cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups (300g) Pechay, roots removed
- 1/4 cup (100g) Onion leeks, chopped
- SAUTE. Heat oil in a pan and saute onion, ginger and garlic.
- BOIL. Add water and bring to a boil. Add potato and tilapia. Boil for 8 minutes.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce, peppercorns and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add baguio beans, cabbage, pechay, and onion leeks. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve while hot with 1 1/2 cups rice and 1 slice mango.
Tilapia can be grilled, baked, broiled, sautéed, pan-fried or steamed. The bitter-tasting skin should be removed, either before cooking or before serving.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tilapia is a good source of phosphorus which is important for bone health.