Pesang TilapiaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon (12g) Ginger, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) Garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 1 cup (40g) Onion leeks, sliced
- 1 kilo (1000g) Tilapia
- 1 teaspoon (2.5g) Peppercorns, black
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3 cups (159g) Cabbage, sliced
- 3 cups (310g) Pechay, sliced
- 5 teaspoons (20ml) Fish sauce
- SAUTÉ. In a hot pot, pour oil and sauté onion, ginger, and garlic.
- BOIL. Add water, onion leeks, and Tilapia. Cover and let it boil for a few minutes. Lower down the fire.
- SEASON. Add peppercorn and season with AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add cabbage and pechay. Simmer for a minute. Add patis to taste.
- SERVE. Serve and enjoy.
Tilapia can be grilled, baked, broiled, sautéed, pan-fried or steamed. The bitter-tasting skin should be removed, either before cooking or before serving.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tilapia is a good source of phosphorus which is important for bone health.