Pho GaThe Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1/2 pc. (70g) Onion, white, sliced in half
- 1 pc. (40g) Ginger, with skin
- 8 cups (2000ml) Water
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken breast, with bones
- 1 Tbsp. (12g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 3 Tbsps. (50ml) Fish sauce
- 1 pack (250g) Rice noodle, uncooked
- 1/8 cup (2g) Cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup (5g) Spring onion, chopped
- 2 pcs. (2g) Siling labuyo, chopped
- 3/4 cup (40g) Basil leaves, washed
- 1/8 cup (8g) Bean sprout, washed
- ROAST. In a roasting pan, place onion and ginger directly on the flame of the stovetop until roasted and then set aside.
- BOIL & SIMMER. In a pot, pour water then add in chicken and roasted onion and ginger, bring to a boil and lower to simmer. When chicken is already cooked, remove it from the soup and shred the chicken, and put it back on the soup; do not include the bones.
- SEASON. Add The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix and fish sauce. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add rice noodles, cilantro, spring onion, and siling labuyo. Let it simmer until rice noodles are al dente.
- SERVE. In a bowl, place the chicken and rice noodles mixture. Put basil and bean sprout on the side. Serve hot.
You may add lime in the soup or serve together with the basil and bean sprout on the side if more sourness is desired.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 12 Serving size: 1/3 cup (70g) rice noodles, 1/4 cup (60ml) soup, 1/4 cup (60g) chicken, 1/8 cup (10g) basil and bean sprouts
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
This is a low-fat dish because chicken breast has more lean meat compared to other chicken parts such as thighs and legs with more skin and fat.