Sweet and Sour GalunggongSARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) Water
- 1 tablespoon (9 g) Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Cooking oil
- 6 pieces (450 g) Galunggong, cleaned and gutted
- 1/2 cup (50 g) Bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 2 cups (250 g) Carrots, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Soy sauce
- 1 pack (200 g) SARSAYA® Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1.2 g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6 g) Black pepper, ground
- 1 pack (8 grams) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- MIX. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch to create slurry. Set aside.
- FRY. In a pan, heat oil and fry galunggong. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In the same pan, sauté bell pepper and carrots. Add soy sauce, SARSAYA® Sweet & Sour Sauce, and slurry.
- SEASON. Add salt, ground black pepper, and AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix. Let it boil until the sauce thickens.
- ASSEMBLE. Add the fried galunggong to the sweet and sour sauce. Serve while hot.
To avoid lumps during cooking, always create a slurry first instead of directly adding cornstarch to the dish.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea: 1 cup rice, 1 piece (70 grams) Galunggong , 1/2 cup (45 grams) Carrots and Bell pepper, 1 piece Ripe Mango