LongganisaAJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 1 kg (1000g) Ground Pork ( 70% meat ; 30% fat)
- 2 cups (396g) Brown Sugar
- 1 pack (18g) AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8g) Rock Salt
- 2 tablespoons (30g) Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (2.3g) Pepper Powder
- 1 tablespoon (15g) Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) Vinegar
- 1 roll (30 pieces) Wax paper, rectangular size of 4×3 inches
- Approx. 2 cups Water
- MIX. In a bowl, put all the ingredients starting from the solid ones followed by the liquid ingredients. Mix very well. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 15 minutes. This will allow the meat to absorb all the distinct taste of each ingredients.
- WRAP. Spoon about 1 1/2 tbsps of the mixture, roll it in a wax paper to form a log. Wrap tightly to secure each piece. Repeat the process, using up all the mixture.
- PACK & FREEZE. Place and arrange longganisa ideally on a ziplock bag or in any airtight container with 6 pieces of longganisa per bag .Freeze to achieve firmer shape and to extend shelf-life.
- COOK. Remove wax paper. Using a deep pan, arrange longganisa on a single layer, add enough water to cover the meat and simmer until the water evaporates and meat fat comes out naturally from the longganisa. Cook for another minute then turn off the fire. Serve hot. Note :This can be sold either cooked or in frozen form.
Boiling of longganisa in water allows the extraction of the natural fat of the meat. Roll the longganisa in the pan as needed to cook all sides evenly.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Ground pork is rich in Protein which is responsible for building and repairing muscles and tissues.