Pinoy Pork Asado RecipeSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 kg (500g) Pork Kasim, thin slices
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Calamansi, juiced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsps (80g) Butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp (15g) White Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (112ml) Tomato Sauce
- 2 pcs (2g) Bay Leaves
- 4 tbsps (50g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Tomato Paste
- 1 pc (1g) Star Anise
- 2 packs (60ml) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- MARINATE. In a bowl, marinate pork kasim in calamansi juice and soy sauce for 30 minutes.
- SAUTÉ. In a heated pot, melt butter. Saute onions and tomato sauce. Add the bay leaves, brown sugar and tomato paste. Add in star anise and pork with its marinade. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Let it simmer for 30 minutes to one hour until the pork is fork-tender
- SEASON. Add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes until well blended.
- SERVE. and enjoy.
To have an extra boost of flavor, sear your marinated meat before sauteeing.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 1/2 cup (97.5g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork is a good source of protein which is essential for growth and development.