Pork and Bean StewPORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 3 cups (500g) White kidney beans, soaked
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Corn oil
- 1 cup (100g) Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250g) Pork pigue, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 1/4 cups (550ml) Water
- 3 cups (450g) Potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp. (2.3g) Paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp. (0.8g) Thyme, dried
- 1 cup (240ml) Tomato sauce
- 3/4 tsp. (3.75g) Salt, coarse
- 1 pack (8g) PORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) White sugar
- SIMMER. In a pressure cooker, combine kidney beans and water. Cook for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pot, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add pork and sauté until light brown.
- SIMMER. Add water and simmer until pork is tender. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Add more water if necessary.
- SEASON & SIMMER. Add paprika, thyme, tomato sauce, salt, PORKSAVOR®, and sugar. Mix well. Add in cooked beans. Stir then bring to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl. Serve and enjoy.
When using herbs, always remember that dried ones are more potent in flavor and aroma than fresh ones. If a recipe calls for fresh herbs but you only have dried ones on hand, simply use a third of the amount needed. In the same way that if the recipe calls for dried herbs and you want to use fresh, you will need to triple the amount to use.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea: 1 cup Pork and Bean Stew, 2 pcs. Buttered toast, 1/3 cup sweetened red bean Both kidney beans and potatoes are great sources of Potassium that help maintain regular heartbeat and blood pressure.