Pork KatsudonCRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs
- 1/2kg pork loin/pork chop, skinless, boneless
- 3/4 cup (75g) onion, white, julienne
- 5 pieces (250g) egg
- 5 cups (800g) rice, cooked (2 cups 400g uncooked)
- 5 tablespoons (75ml) light, soy sauce
- 2.5 tablespoons (35ml) cane vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50ml) water
- 5 tablespoons (60g) sugar, white
- 1 pack (50g) CRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs
- SEASON. On a tray/plate, lay in pork loin and fully coat with CRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs and set aside.
- DEEP-FRY. On a deep pan, pour in oil and heat it up to 350ºF. Fry pork for 5-6 mins or until golden brown. Set aside on a kitchen towel and let it rest.
- SIMMER. On a small pan, add in 50 ml water, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 tablespoon cane vinegar, and 1/8 cup onion. Once simmering, place the fried pork on top and pour in 1 beaten egg, spread evenly. Then, Immediately cover the pan until the eggs are cook and transfer to a bowl with 1 cup rice.
- SERVE. hot.
Control the time and temperature while simmering the sauce, simmering it too long will quickly evaporate the liquid.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, including Thiamin, Zinc, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Niacin, Phosphorus, and Iron.