Pork Strips in Coffee SauceSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 kg (500g) Pork, strips
- 1/4 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5g) Black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup (35g) Cornstarch
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1 pack (30g) Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup (40g) Sugar, brown
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) Coffee, instant powder
- 1/8 cup (30ml) Water
- 1 tsp. (3g) Sesame seeds, toasted
- SEASON & COAT. In a bowl, season pork with salt and pepper then coat with cornstarch.
- FRY. Heat oil in a pan then fry the pork for about 5 minutes or until cooked and crispy. Drain excess oil using a strainer. Set aside.
- SAUTE & SIMMER. In a pot. Heat oil then sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add soy sauce, Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce, sugar, coffee, and water. Stir continuously and let it simmer until the sauce has thickened and reduced to about half.
- COAT. Add the fried pork into the sauce and coat evenly.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate and optionally sprinkle sesame seeds all over. Serve and enjoy!
Add a little bit of vinegar to the pork to remove the gamey taste and smell.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 3/4 cup (82g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Coffee has Caffeine, a stimulant which fights fatigue and boosts energy level.