Prawn RebosadoAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 cups (400g) Prawn, peeled, deveined
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Lemon, juice
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt, coarse
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Black Pepper, ground
- 1 tsp. (5g) Baking powder
- 3 cups (360g) Rice Flour
- 1 cup (250ml) Water, cold
- 2 pcs. (100g) Egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Fish Sauce
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking Oil, for frying
- Sweet & Sour Sauce (optional)
- Garlic Mayo (optional)
- MIX. In a bowl, add prawns, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- MIX. To make the batter, in a separate bowl, add baking powder, rice flour, water, and egg. Mix well.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO® and fish sauce. Mix well.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil to 180°C (356°F). Dip prawns to the batter and drop it to the hot oil. Stir to avoid sticking. Do not overcrowd. Cook until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or collander.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve with a dip of sweet and sour sauce or garlic mayo. Enjoy while hot.
Adding baking powder to the batter mixture helps give a puffier look and a lighter texture to the rebosado.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes Servings: 6 Serving size: 3-4 pcs. or 1/3 cup Prawn Rebosado (83.3g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Prawns contain a good amount of Zinc that aids in wound healing.