Tokwa’t Baboy RecipeAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Pork belly, strips
- 1 pack (7g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups (480ml) Cooking Oil
- 2 cups (412g) Tokwa, cubed
- 1/4 cup (40g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (111ml) Vinegar
- 1/2 cup (126ml) Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- 4 tsps. (12g) Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Spring onions, chopped
- SEASON. In a bowl, combine pork and AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep-fry pork until cooked followed by tokwa until it’s crispy and golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Cut the tokwa into cubes then set aside.
- MIX. To prepare the sauce, combine garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer tokwa’t baboy on a plate. Serve with the sauce, then garnish with onions and spring onions.
Take the time to blot out excess moisture from tokwa with a kitchen towel before frying to prevent oil splatters.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tokwa has high among of selenium which is important for operations of the antioxidant system in our bodies for eradicating free radicals. This in turn helps in preventing diseases such as cancer, asthma, arthritis and heart disease. Tokwa also has Omega-3-fatty acid that assists in regulating heart palpitation, decreasing blood clotting in the arteries and enhances the proportion of good calories