Roasted Bell Pepper SoupThe Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 7 pcs. (500g) Red bell pepper, large size, roasted, peeled, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (70g) Onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup (35g) Garlic, crushed, peeled
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 1/8 tsp. (1g) Salt
- 1/8 tsp. (0.3g) Pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp. (12g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 4 Tbsps. (60g) Sour cream
- 2 Tbsps. (4g) Spring onion, minced
- ROAST. On an open flame of the stovetop, roast bell peppers until the skin is roasted and the bell pepper is tender. Peel the skin off, remove the stem and seeds, and roughly chop the bell pepper.
- SAUTÉ. In a medium-hot pot, add oil and sauté onion and garlic. Then, add in bell pepper. Add water and let it boil.
- BLEND. Transfer the soup into a blender and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency, then, transfer it back into the pot.
- SEASON. Add salt, pepper, and The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix. Mix well. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
- SERVE. Top with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1/2 tablespoon spring onion per bowl. Serve hot.
Make sure to roast the bell pepper well so that it will produce the roasted flavor for the soup.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Bell peppers are very high in vitamin C. Other vitamins and minerals found in bell peppers include Vitamin K1, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Folate and Potassium.